Ball Watch Company
Baume et Mercier
Bell & Ross
Daniel Roth is the descendant of watchmakers from the La Chaux des Fonds region in Neuchatel, Switzerland, so naturally he would be destined to become one himself. Daniel Roth learned horology from his grandfather and from a watchmaker school in Nice of France. After graduating and working for small ateliers, Daniel Roth would begin working at Audemars Piguet in La Brassus and stay for seven years. Breguet would try to rebirth itself, then owned by the Chaumet brothers, and Daniel Roth saw a great opportunity. He left Audemars Piguet and went to work for Breguet with freedom to develop his talents and help grow a once great watch company.
The Chaumet brothers would eventually sell the business to Investcorp in 1987, and this prompted Daniel Roth to begin his own company under his name. He was one of the first independent watchmakers to brand a company after himself. His company was backed by Siber Hegner until they dropped him for poor return on distribution. Daniel Roth would be purchased by The Hour Glass having to relinquish 51% ownership. Later Bvlgari would purchase the 51% from The Hour Glass and remaining 49% from Daniel Roth himself.
Daniel Roth, his wife Jean, and son Nicolas currently own "Jean Daniel Nicolas" making very beautiful and complicated timepieces today.